Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Ten Commandments

Everyone should believe in something I know I do… however I’m of the belief that going to church doesn't make you a good person any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

so here is my take on the Ten Commandments

1) You shall have no other gods before me – there are others?

1a) You shall not make for yourself an idol – so I should abandon the cross because you didn’t tell me to wear it?

2) Do not take the name of the Lord in vain – too late use it at least twice today already

3) Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy – can I pray from my bed then I really haven’t worked on the sabbath

4) Honour your father and mother – must write birthdays into calendar this year!

5) You shall not kill/murder – not broken this one yet but been close a few times.

6) You shall not commit adultery – I’d have to be married first

7) You shall not steal – I think it depends on if you’re starving then I ok in my book

8) You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor – so tell the truth is what your say

9) You shall not covet your neighbour's wife – ok I agree with this one

10) You shall not covet anything that belongs to your neighbour – so I shouldn’t be jealous of his new sports car!! Damn it…

BTW covet means to desire or want to possess.

And did anyone else notice that god left of the list anything about girlfriends or sex before marriage but then again maybe he had to after all who married Adm and Eve?

No comments: